top of page

An Area Structure Plan (ASP) is a key policy plan that proposes a sequence of development for an area within the Village of Berwyn, the future land uses, the density of population, and the general location of transportation and public utilities.

A Land Use Bylaw (LUB) establishes rules and regulations for land development, as well as, the process of making decisions for development permit applications within the Village of Berwyn.


About Planning & Development:

Planning and Development Department understands the values of the community and reflects those values into our plans, policies and bylaws for the immediate and future development of our Village. Our core mandate is to assist our residents to achieve their development goals and objectives.

Planning and Development Department is available to discuss your development and building plans. Before beginning any project there are several steps you will need to take to make sure your new development is in compliance with local bylaws and regulations.

Development Services is governed by provincial legislation including the Municipal Government Act, Part 17 Planning and Development:, the Subdivision and Development Regulation, and numerous municipal bylaws, plans and policies.

An Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) is a high level statutory land-use plan prepared collaboratively between two (or more) municipalities. IDPs provide land use and development policy direction for lands of mutual importance, agreed to and adopted through matching municipal bylaws.

Municipal Development Plan (MDP) is a key policy plan that communicates the long term desired land use in the Village of Berwyn. It is a high-level blueprint that shows how the Town is expected to change over time and the shape it will take in the future.  Much like a blueprint that guides the construction of a house, an MDP helps many decision makers collectively build their shared and desired physical setting.  The resource that is being managed is the land base that is occupied by all members of the Town. This land base is typically limited and is expected to accommodate many activities and functions. 

bottom of page